CDR's Long Vs. Short form
Barry
2006-04-06 02:14:20 UTC
Could someone (like Jack) please post a link to both copies, (both long and
short) of the CDR Mailers that I could possibly receive from the SSA.

Thanks much!!
Jack
2006-04-06 11:36:28 UTC
On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 02:14:20 GMT, "Barry"
Post by Barry
Could someone (like Jack) please post a link to both copies, (both long and
short) of the CDR Mailers that I could possibly receive from the SSA.
Thanks much!!
The short form is not a CDR, just a questionnaire. The 6 questions
are described within this POMS but you need to scroll down to section
B.6.c.:

https://s044a90.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0413004005#G6
________

The decision logic to help them decide whether to do a CDR is
described here, but you need to scroll to the bottom:

https://s044a90.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0440502001#I
____________

A picture of the actual short form is shown here, but it is the
7-question hard copy version. The scannable version (6 questions)
which is used most often today is not in the POMS, as far as I know:

https://s044a90.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0413004020!opendocument
__________

Long form described here:

https://s044a90.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0413005040!opendocument
_________

Picture of long form here:

https://s044a90.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0433510055!opendocument
____

JW
Cherry
2006-04-06 14:24:01 UTC
Can you please explain to me something I don't understand about the
short form? A question asks if you have seen doctors or clinics, and
if you say "yes", and have MIP, then you will get a CDR? I don't
understand this reasoning? I am MIP and seeing doctors. How can I
avoid a CDR? Not answer the question?
Jack
2006-04-06 15:07:33 UTC
Post by Cherry
Can you please explain to me something I don't understand about the
short form? A question asks if you have seen doctors or clinics, and
if you say "yes", and have MIP, then you will get a CDR? I don't
understand this reasoning? I am MIP and seeing doctors. How can I
avoid a CDR? Not answer the question?
In the first place, MIE, MIP, and MINE do not automatically correspond
to HIGH, MEDIUM, and LOW respectively. Most cases are rated MIPs, but
most short-forms are sent to LOWs. The latter categories, developed
to appease Congress that all cases were at least being considered, is
based on a complex statistical scheme resulting from past CDR payoffs,
and which considers multiple factors. The MIE, MIP, MINE
categorization is based primarily on the nature of the impairment,
although age is sometimes factored-in.

In other words, you could very well be a MIP with a LOW probability of
CDR payoff.

Secondly, if you *are* a MEDIUM or HIGH, and answered YES to question
5, they don't automatically do a CDR. It's a judgment call in the
individual case by the examiner or consultant, after looking at other
factors, e.g., date of last decision, basis code, etc.

Jack
Barry
2006-04-12 09:49:31 UTC
Thanks Jack.

Could you please post the percentages of people who actually get a full
fledged CDR after having received the short form?

Thanks!

Barry
JW
Jack
2006-04-12 12:04:05 UTC
On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:49:31 GMT, "Barry"
Post by Barry
Thanks Jack.
Could you please post the percentages of people who actually get a full
fledged CDR after having received the short form?
https://s044a90.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0413004005#G6

DI 13004.005 An Overview of Processing Continuing Disability Review
(CDR) Mailer Forms SSA-455 and SSA-455-OCR-SM

(...)

3. Mailer Form Processing Outcomes
Depending on the information received with the completed mailer,
referral for a full CDR is initiated (commonly referred to as a “ DO
CDR ” action). This occurs in about 2.5% of the mailer forms received
for processing. Much more frequently, a deferral action is made to
defer doing a full CDR. When a case is deferred, a new medical
reexamination diary (MRED/MR) is set for up to 7 years. The medical
diary reason (MDR) at the time the case was selected for mailer form
processing is used to determine how long the new MRED/MR should be. If
there is no MDR value, a default value of “3” is established for the
MDR and the MRED/MR is reset for 36 months/3 years.

(...)